IV catheter with passive fully automatic needlestick protection
Introcan Safety® Shielded IV catheter without injection port
- Passive fully automatic protection against needlestick injuries and related infections
- IV catheter material available in Polyurethane (PUR) and FEP
- Ergonomic product design for one-handed insertion
- Super -sharp Universal Bevel for wide choice in insertion angles and minimal puncture trauma
- Double Flashback Technology provides confirmation of successful catheter placement through quick visualization of both needle and catheter flashback
- Latex-free, PVC-free, DEHP-free
- Acc. ISO-Standard 10.555-1/5
- Fully automatic passive Safety Shield which protects the needle tip to prevent needlestick injuries. No user activation required - no buttons, twists or clicks
- Safety Shield automatically covers needle tip upon needle withdrawal
- Safety mechanism cannot be bypassed
- Eliminates risk of inadvertent activation
- Safety Shield stays in place through disposal
- Regional labels/article numbers for Introcan Safety®
- Europe, former GUS countries, Turkey, Israel, Africa: Article code + Annex "-01"
- North America: Article code + Annex "-02"
- Asia / Pacific: Article code + Annex "-03"
- Latin America: Article code + Annex "-04"
Documents / Links (5)
PDF [284 KB]
Introcan Safety® IV Catheter Pocket Card
PDF [556 KB]
Introcan Safety® Handling Poster (6062155)
PDF [903 KB]
Introcan Safety® Brochure (6061150)
1 billion times protection
Introcan Safety® Video
The video has a computer animation of the basic functionality of the Introcan Safety®
PDF [558 KB]
IV Catheter Needlestick Prevention
10 years of needlestick prevention in USA - Q1/2005
Not all products are registered and approved for sale in all countries or regions. Please contact your country representative for product availability.